Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 2 (again)

Along with the Poem-A-Day Challenge at Poetic Asides, I'm going to attempt NaPoWriMo, and Camp NaNoWrimoA writing friend also told me about a poetry site I hadn't heard of before called Hello PoetryNot necessarily a challenge, but just another place to read/write poetry. 

I love poetry.  The way it makes me draw from life and pay attention to the words and images and the way they unfold.  Sometimes they turn out like smooth chocolate, other times it's like stepping on a rusty nail.  Either way, the process is the same.  I write.  I produce.  It's good for me.

As for the noveling, yesterday, when I was talking to my brother, he was planting some vegetables and different things.  It gave me an idea for a mystery for my Camp novel.  Funny how siblings can incite the need to plot murder and mayhem.  I shall work on all of these things and hopefully come out on the other side with lots of words, and maybe even something worth publishing.

Two-for-Tuesday:  (1) Write a bright poem, (2) Write a dark poem.

After Dark

Shadows show me the lines we draw
between right and wrong.
Black and white.
They linger long after the white hot heat
of our romance
to drown us in conscience filled dreams
that wake us, breathless, and wanting more.


No comments:

Post a Comment