Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolutions

First of all, I'm starting off the new year with a wonderful cold.  Thanks winter season! :)

As for resolutions, I don't make strict ones.  Who keeps them anyway?  Eating better and getting more exercise always seems like a good idea, but with my birthday two days away, how can I really be expected to pass on going out to eat and birthday cake?  Or, as is the case this year, pie?  I was eating a piece of cherry pie the husband bought for Christmas, and was reminded of the pie shop I used to frequent with my parents where we'd get a blueberry banana pie.  It's been years since I've had one, but I can still remember how yummy those were.  For my birthday, I'd settle for a blueberry pie. 

So, I'm no good with resolutions, but I have written out some goals for the new year.  Writing and reading goals.  Today started the month long Mindful Writing Challenge.  I decorated my Small Stones journal weeks ago and have been dying to use it just for this purpose.

 
 
And I'm starting the 'memory jar' idea I found here, in the comments. I love the whole concept of this site.

What are your resolutions?  Goals? 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment