Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Birthday and a Small Stone

The big 4-0!  I can't even explain why I was so excited to hit this birthday, but I met it with an eagerness and enthusiasm that baffles even my mind. 

My best friend from high school, who is two years younger than me, called to wish me a happy birthday.  She shared my enthusiasm over this milestone, and can't wait for 40 herself.  Funny, I'm sure we weren't looking forward to 40, or even gave it a thought when we were in high school.

I look forward to this new year and great things, so that's probably half the pull.

I received wonderful goodies from my loving family, and ate entirely too much at my favorite seafood place for dinner.  I didn't get the blueberry pie I mentioned, but that'll be a mission for another day.

The photo thing is acting screwy so I'm unable to post the picture of my beautiful birthday flowers.

Was a great day!

And my small stone for day 3:

Straight edged lines and the wispiness of a gray feather contrast against puffy white cotton clouds.



No comments:

Post a Comment