Thursday, December 27, 2012

After Christmas

I've been a bad blogger.  Just having too much fun with the kid out of school to really find time for the blog.  Hopefully, I'll do better in the new year. 

We had a white Christmas - about 3 inches of snow.

















One of my favorite outdoor decorations - Mr. Penguin - covered in snow. 






 





 
 






It was freezing outside, but my camera hasn't gotten much love lately.  I just had to get pictures of our white Christmas.  I love how the bird's nest is still up there in the empty branches of the tree.

We received lots of goodies from loved ones.  Some of my favorite gifts were jewelry, a hand painted penguin ornament, a hand painted trinket box with a dragonfly on the lid that has 'Dragonfly Dreams' written on it (both painted by the oldest son's beautiful, thoughtful girlfriend), make up, body lotions and a book (Iron Legends by Julie Kagawa).
 
The most unexpected gift was a Wii game system from oldest and his girlfriend.  It's been a big hit around here.  Wii tennis makes me cuss.  A lot.
 
We had a big, yummy Christmas dinner.  This was the first year I didn't make fudge and/or strawberry bread.  I'm a slacker.

I hope your holiday was filled with love, laughter, and warmth.
 
I'll be back with new year plans!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment