Monday, December 3, 2012

50K Words

Whew!  NaNoWriMo ended and I'm a:

 
End of the month was a much fiercely fought battle to catch up because of continued computer problems. Luckily, I was able to use the husband's laptop to be able to finish on time because of all the PC's hiccups.  I wrote about 9,000 words in the last two days!  That's something for me. 
 
I haven't looked back through what I'm calling a colossal piece of crap to see if there's anything worth salvaging, but I will.  The weekend was busy, so maybe today I can approach it with a fresh eye. 
 
My favorite part of Nano this year was how determined I was to finish.  I think I've only experienced that feeling one other time in all the years I've participated.  That sense of urgency that spurs me forward.  I also liked how each day it was a little easier to open the document.  It's usually a real struggle just to open up a work in progress.  Or worse, no struggle at all because I just don't do it and don't care.  Having a goal to shoot for helps.  And deadlines!  I couldn't not finish.
 
Thanks to Nanowrimo for the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment