Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

My day started off with a text from my oldest son's beautiful girlfriend wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving.  I watched the Thanksgiving Day parade (always a favorite part of the day), and then the cooking began.  Deviled eggs, turkey, ham, stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potato bake, cranberry, pineapple, dinner rolls.  Nobody even touched the desserts (pecan and pumpkin pie).  I ate so much it still hurts to move.















Aside from the yummy food, here are a few things I'm thankful for:  my family, friends, good music, good books, our pets, the freedom to enjoy these things, and my health.

The husband, Youngest, and I played part of a game of Monopoly before the feast. 




















What kind of food did you enjoy?  Do you have any special traditions?  What are some things you're thankful for?

P.S.  Haven't gotten any writing done for today yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment